There is a record of silk carpets in the Tang Dynasty in China.
The poet Bai Juyi wrote in the poem “Red Line Blanket” that “a blanket of one foot and two thousand silks” described the gorgeousness of the red silk blanket of the Shanggong court in Xuanzhou, Anhui Province. The existing gold and silver silk blankets produced in Xinjiang in the Ming Dynasty were influenced by ancient Persian silver silk carpets. Chinese silk blankets are mainly produced in Hebei, Jiangsu, Sichuan, Zhejiang and other places.
At present, the largest existing silk carpet manufacturers are mainly distributed in the middle of Henan and Sichuan. The silk carpets in the south of the Jiangnan region mostly adopt the style of realistic large flowers or the traditional patterns of the northwest folk carpets.
Silk carpet refers to the silk rug, a woven silk carpet made of mulberry silk thread and tussah silk yarn.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Why Is Handmade Silk Carpet Known As Carpet Bla...
- Hygroscopic Function of Silk Carpets
- Silk Craft Features
- Why Handmade Silk Rugs Have Become The Choice o...
- Handmade Silk Carpet and Silk Road
- How Long Can A Good Quality Rug Be Used?
- Carpet Encyclopedia
- Which Carpet Design Is Never Out of Date?
- Do You Know Muslim Prayer Carpets (muslim praye...
- Turkish Rugs
- Difference Between Turkish and Persian Knot
- How to Choose Handmade Silk Rugs?