Do you know what a Muslim prayer rug is? And how are they used?
Muslims are often seen bowing to small embroidered carpets, called "prayer carpets." For those who are not familiar with the use of these carpets, they may look like small Oriental carpets, or just good oriental embroidery. The Islamic prayers bowed to the prayer rugs and humbled before God. The only requirement of Islam is that the area of prayer must be clean.
Muslim prayer carpets are not universally used, and Islam does not specifically require them. But they become the traditional way for many Muslims to ensure that they clean their place of prayer and create an isolated space for concentrated prayer. Prayer rugs are usually about 1 meter long, enough to allow an adult to enjoy health or comfort. Modern carpets are usually made of silk or cotton.
Although some carpets are made of solid colors, they are usually used as decorations. The designs are usually geometric, floral, arabesque, or depicting landmarks such as Islam, in Mecca or Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem. They are usually designed so that there is a clear "top" and "bottom" on the carpet - the admirers at the bottom, and the direction of prayer. When it is time to pray, the worshiper puts the carpet on the floor and the top points in the direction of Mecca, Saudi Arabia. After praying, the carpet is folded and used later. This will ensure that the carpet stays clean. The word for the Arabic prayer rug is "sajada" from the same word (SJD) (mosque) and "masjed" "sujud" (flat).
Related Industry Knowledge
- Why Is Handmade Silk Carpet Known As Carpet Bla...
- Hygroscopic Function of Silk Carpets
- Silk Carpet
- Silk Craft Features
- Why Handmade Silk Rugs Have Become The Choice o...
- Handmade Silk Carpet and Silk Road
- How Long Can A Good Quality Rug Be Used?
- Carpet Encyclopedia
- Which Carpet Design Is Never Out of Date?
- Turkish Rugs
- Difference Between Turkish and Persian Knot
- How to Choose Handmade Silk Rugs?
- The Main Characteristics Of Persian Carpets
- Washing And Maintenance
- HOW TO DELIVER OUR HANDMADE SILK RUGS?
- How To Clean A Handmade Silk Rug?
- Four Steps to Distinguish Between Machine-made ...
- How to choose the silk rugs?
- DO AND DON'T Do With Your SIlk Rug