DO AND DON'T Do With Your SIlk Rug
Although silk is can be a strong rug fiber, silk rug cleaning should be approached carefully. Silk rugs are expensive and easily damaged by improper silk rug cleaning.
Do: Treat Stains as Soon as They Occur
Stains treated immediately are less likely to leave a long term stain on the rug. Remove any solid parts of the stain, then gently blot out the liquid. Club soda can also help to release the stain. Allow the rug to air-dry after cleaning.
Do: Choose a Blend of Silk and Wool Whenever Possible
Wool blended with silk will maintain the beauty and softness of a silk rug, but is more likely to repel stains. Choose a wool-silk blend whenever possible.
Do: Have the Silk Rug Cleaned by a Professional Whenever Possible
Have your silk rug cleaned by a professional cleaner. This will ensure that your silk rug receives the best treatment.
Don't: Place Silk Rugs in High Traffic Area
Rugs in high-traffic areas are more likely to be stained or to wear out. To give your rug a long lifespan, place the rug in a low-traffic area.
Don't: Clean Silk Rugs with Hot Water or Strong Chemicals
Hot water will permanently damage silk rugs, so do not use water above a lukewarm temperature. The strongest chemical you should use on your silk rug is a solution of water and white vinegar; stronger chemicals can damage the rug.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Why Is Handmade Silk Carpet Known As Carpet Bla...
- Hygroscopic Function of Silk Carpets
- Silk Carpet
- Silk Craft Features
- Why Handmade Silk Rugs Have Become The Choice o...
- Handmade Silk Carpet and Silk Road
- How Long Can A Good Quality Rug Be Used?
- Carpet Encyclopedia
- Which Carpet Design Is Never Out of Date?
- Do You Know Muslim Prayer Carpets (muslim praye...
- GUIDELINES FOR TREATING STAINS ON SILK CARPETS
- The Lifetime of Tussah Silkworm
- Silk Rug Workmanship Process
- How to Make High Density Silk Rugs?
- How to Choose An Excellent Silk RUG
- How to Custom A Handmade Silk Rug?
- How to Identify Carpets?
- Chinese Silk Rugs Handmade---Nanyang Yuxiang Ar...
- Basic Explanation of Silk Carpet
- How to Choose Iranian Persian Carpet?